Monday, November 25, 2013

Stretch Marks and Loose Skin From Weight Loss

NaughtyThyroid on Youtube

I have researched this topic since before i even began to lose weight. As i gained weight the markings crept up and while not my biggest concern...it certainly was a constant reminder of how much i was pushing my body past its limits.
Now that i am -55lbs i am very glad that i was concerned since the beginning because most people seem to ignore or wait to address this problem when and if they reach their goal.
I have sensitive skin that scars easily so i have always been paranoid about my skin and i will admit to being vain and wanting to keep my skin as youthful as possible.

So what should you be doing before/during/after weight loss for stretch marks and loose skin?

  • Moisturize 2xs per day. this will help your body adapt to the changes that are occurring and keep it supple
  • Products i am a fan of: Palmers massage lotion for stretch marks, Palmers Tummy Butter, Scar Zone and Nip+Fab
  • Daily Body Masque/Scrub: Used coffee grounds. Save the used grinds in a container for your shower. Directions: Wet body, apply coffee to problem areas (the wetness should help the coffee stay in place. i basically slather it on using my hands) leave it on for a few minutes. Then wet hands and in circular motions massage your body (i re wet my hands often). then rinse. The coffee has anti aging properties, closes your pores, tightens skin, etc. Sometimes i also add ground oatmeal and dehydrated milk to the "mask" to nourish my skin
 I can tell you that so far i am very happy with how my skin is adapting to the changes. A big part has been a slow weight loss that has allowed my skin time to catch up/ keep up. The scar zone cream really is amazing for the stretch marks so i am confident that in the end i will be happy in that department. i am hopeful that keeping my skin well fed will let me get to my goal with happy skin

No comments:

Post a Comment